Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Pictures of my gas meter, can it generate meter pulses?

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 13:57:20 +0000, Andrew Mawson wrote:

"Rob Horton" wrote in message
Bit of a follow on from my previous post asking about tech info on

my
gas meter. Here a a couple of pictures.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/98/38...0967817676.jpg

and

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/137/3...10c2253c92.jpg

Can anyone tell me anything about it?

What's that yellow cap on top of the dial readout for? maybe it is
hiding a set of contacts for meter pulses, that's what I really

want!

Thanks.

If you look on the underneath surface of the clear plastic box, there
will be a socket (possibly capped) if it can give pulses. IIRC they
don't give a contact closure as such, it's an 'open collector'
transistor switch.

Look here for cables:

http://www.bes.ltd.uk/nav_graf/frame...oducts/030.asp

awem

This type of meter can be hooked up to a transponder for remote reading
(by a suitably equipped van driving down the road say), it is not
currently configured like that. The ones that are have a transponder
attached and connected (IIRC via the yellow plug or a similar one under
neath).
BUT:
The apparatus is not yours (even though it's in
a box you own and on your land). If you wish to monitor your gas
consumption then you could fit or have fitted a secondary meter, belonging
to you on the pipes belonging to you.