Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default Pictures of my gas meter, can it generate meter pulses?

"Me" wrote in message
What's that yellow cap on top of the dial readout for? maybe it

is
hiding a set of contacts for meter pulses, that's what I really

want!

Thanks.

If you look on the underneath surface of the clear plastic box,

there
will be a socket (possibly capped) if it can give pulses. IIRC

they
don't give a contact closure as such, it's an 'open collector'
transistor switch.

Look here for cables:

http://www.bes.ltd.uk/nav_graf/frame...oducts/030.asp

awem

does anyone know if the remote display replicates the display on the

actual
meter or does it start from zero and just count the pulses from then

on?

The later I believe as it just counts pulses so has no knowledge of
the starting point

AWEM