Posted to alt.home.repair

Default draft under gas fireplace

wrote in message
There is a gas fireplace I never use. I just noticed today there is a
draft coming through the bottom where the controls are and the tile
around the bottom is ice cold. This explains why my toes are so cold
when I sit on the couch and watch tv.

Is there anything I can do about this? I might just shut the gas off
and put some kind of insulation sheet in front of the whole thing.

Not being able to see the setup, it is difficult to offer a solution.
Sounds like the gas lines are run through to the fireplace in an area with
no insulation. Is there any access to it? If it is on a solid ground
surface, it would tend to feel much colder than space over a basement. Any
way to stuff some fiberglass in the space?