Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ben Ben is offline

Default Accoustic lagging of a cold water pipe

Unfortunately I suspect I can't hermetically seal the door to my
airing cupboard :-)

The best I can do is wrap up the pipe, put draft excluder felt strips
around the edge of the door, and insulate the door itself I think...

Ben

On 7 Feb, 15:51, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Ben wrote:
I might try that - wrap it in foam lagging, then box the thing in with
plasterboard. The door is a cavity design - two hardboard panels on a
wooden frame. If I assume the brick walls are quite solid, then this
is probably the weak point. I could presumably stuff it full of
mineral wool or something also.

won;t make a lot of difference while it isn't hermetically sealed.

If you have double glazed windows..open them JUST a mm or two and listen
to the difference in what you can hear from outside.
Then consider..

Cheers,

Ben

On 7 Feb, 10:52, "baxter basics" wrote:
could just try thick foam lagging initially - might be enough.- Hide quoted text -