Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ben Ben is offline

Default Accoustic lagging of a cold water pipe

Hi, I have a cold water pipe, 15mm copper, going through my bedroom.
When there is much water use elsewhere in the building I can hear
rushing water through this pipe. It is not that bad, but is a bit
annoying. The pipe itself runs through an airing cupboard with three
brick walls on each of its sides and a flimsy door.

I was wondering if there was much I could reasonably do to cut down on
the noise? Wrapping it is nome kind of absorbant lagging, or
insulating the door of the cupboard itself?

Cheers,

Ben