Posted to alt.home.repair
AKA Gray Asphalt AKA Gray Asphalt is offline

Default Dust and allergies

I bought an Orek air cleaner and took it back after trying a Honewell 17000.
It costed about $120. It drew cat hair out of the air the first day and my
allergies were better the next day. I've had 3 bad days out of 10 and I
think it's getting better. It was 10 out of 10 before.

There is a newer model 17005 that is programmable and has a remote. The unit
is noisy but when it means not having sinus headaches there is no question
of it being worth it. The program lets it run while I'm asleep but I haven't
turned it off yet... actually both of them are running 24/7.