Posted to alt.home.repair
Zephyr Zephyr is offline

Default Refrigerator water dispenser dripping after filter change

"DK" wrote in message
On 5 Feb 2007 11:07:46 -0800, wrote:

Just changed my water filter on the 6 year old Kenmore side-by-
side...and now the water dispenser keeps dripping real slowly. I ran
about 3 gallons of water through it to get the air out and the water
pressure seems OK. Still keeps dripping, even removed the filter and
that didn't help.

I assume this is some kind of shutoff value that isn't completely
closing (not sure why installing a new filter caused it though). I
really don't want to call the repairman on this one....

Is this an easy repair? My model number is 106.59592992. If it is
the value, how do I identify where it is.

Your filter could be the problem. Stick the old filter back in and
see it the leak stops.
If it doesn't, then the electric valve is defective. Order a new
one. Or first try taking it apart and cleaning it.

On my fridge the water dispenser dripped when there was any water in the
line, it took a load of water to run thru before all the air was removed
and the line stopped leaking, Try emptying out some more.

Dave