Posted to alt.home.repair
jim wheeler jim wheeler is offline

Default Ideas on Changing a Light Fixture in a Tall Foyer?

thanks to all for ideas. I was thinking i might have to rent a tall
a-frame or scaffold, but this suggestion is a good one to use my
existing equipment.

no, this is the first time i have put this issue out to the group.

Thanks again to all - jim

Goedjn wrote:
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 01:13:41 GMT, jim wheeler
wrote:

Ok, i need to change out a chandelier in a 2 story foyer. I have a 20
foot and a 32 foot extension ladder, but the foyer is too wide to reach
the middle where the fixture is attached to the ceiling with the ladders
leaning on the side walls.
Any ideas on how to safely reach the middle of the foyer to change out
the fixture?
Thanks in advance. jim

Shove one ladder through the windows, or whatever available openings
there are on the second floor. Brace or tie it in place,
and lean the other ladder against that. Didn't you ask this
question a week ago?