Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default anchorseal shelf life ?

"Woody in Tenn" wrote in message
news
After reading this and other posts on Anchorseal I've decided to try
it. Who has the best price? Thanks.

Has its downside as well. Putting it on a light-colored blank which is
still wet to the look and touch can prolong the damp long enough for mildew
to take hold and discolor to some depth. If I were doing it again, and I
find it unnecessary with a modicum of attention to relative humidity, I'd
definitely only cover the outside endgrain, which is under stress from
contraction, allowing the inside, under compression, to get rid of moisture
as rapidly as possible.