Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] fault_of_bush2@yahoo.com is offline

Default Maytag / Jenn-Air Dishwasher Recall

On Feb 1, 11:14 pm, SMS wrote:
Greg wrote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 1, 2007
Release #07-094

Firm'sRecallHotline: (800) 675-0535
CPSCRecallHotline: (800) 638-2772
CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908

snip

Thank's. I'm a winner! Too bad I don't get a new dishwasher for free.

Even though my model doesn't seem to be affected by the recall, I've
had a few things happen that make me question the safety of this
machine. Mine is the PDB3600AWE, purchased approximately Dec, 2001.
I've since had the timer replaced, some scorched wiring behind the
control panel was repaired, a pump seal, door seal, and a little vent
underneath the tub that always did leak. This leak was very near some
electrical connections! The damn machine always did seem to be a
"fussy" unit... I've never thought much of Maytag appliances and this
recall has only confirmed those feelings. I'll never buy another
one... Typical Made-In-China junk, that's all it is today.