Posted to rec.woodworking
O D O D is offline

Default Sawstop demo on TV

Is the saw stop worth the $4,000 if the company is no longer in
business? Say 5 years from now, this guy cannot stay in business, is
this saw worth the money you paid for it and equal to say a laguna. Now
I was not able to get an answer from saw stop via e-mail on the motor
frame size. I asked if it was OEM or had a nema frame size. It would be
very helpful if it was a nema size.
Now I understand , or at least I think I understand why other mfg. co.
did not sign up for this licence. The bottom line just went up 8% but
the info to saw stop would be how MANY saws mfg A sold and how many mfg
B sold . Just think how much that INFO would be worth to another
company. So the biggest concern right now is WILL they be around in 5yrs
or will I have an expensive grizzly ?