Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default A nice score at work today

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 19:57:31 +0000 (UTC), Bruce Barnett
wrote:

Prometheus writes:

And the second is that
they treat the employees with less respect than they do the tools

So let me get this straight. If the boss calls you a tool, that's a
complement?

Perhaps some clarification is in order-

Some places, the tools get regular maintenance and all the equipment
(blades, bits, etc.) they need. Nobody expects the machine to keep
working if it has no oil or something breaks.

By contrast, many of those same places will force a person to work six
or seven 14 hour days a week, screw up the payroll on a regular basis
and get mad if a guy has a cold or just simply wears out and needs a
day off after months or years of manditory overtime.

That's what I meant- in those places, the tools are obviously prized
possesions, but the people are less important than garbage.