Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Thorn proofing wheelbarrow tyre

In message , T i m
writes
On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:52:49 +0000, Chris Hodges
wrote:

badger.badger wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Chris Hodges wrote:

What about tyre foam?

I think that is the slime we are talking about.

In my case its fluorescent green slimy foam.

Expensive but worth it.

Slime is a simple fluid, tyre foam, usually refered to as mousse, is
rather different.

Thought so, not used either but AIUI the foam will work better after
serious damage, slime will help for a hole that's small enough to close
itself up.

With Ultraseal I think 'small enough' is about 6mm diameter ;-)

'Slime' is fine for cycles but isn't man enough for bigger stuff
(IMHO)..

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. Although Ultraseal is not supposed to be use *after* a puncture I
have personal experience of it being used so on both a motorbike
(Fireblade) and my old Sierra and neither had issues with that actual
problem or further punctures after that ..

It cured a slow leak on my Suzi

(which is the odd one out - a battery, a woman, a washing machine and a
Hi-Fi ??)

--
geoff