Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 09:44:03 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

"Martin K" wrote in message
Leon wrote:

Well, one thing for sure, parents will not agree to meet with the
teacher,
always with plenty of reason why they can't schedule the
meeting.

Yeah, and another thing is for sure also. If the parents start being
fined,
99.9% of those excuses will start to disappear. The parents are going to
have the opportunity to schedule the meeting.

Why do you consider it so important that the parent appear at a
"school meeting"? Are you a teacher or something?

More importantly a one on one with teacher and or principal. I am not a
teacher and believe that too many teachers are ineffective. If you fail to
see the revelance you are probably one of those people that always points
the finger.

Personally I think that any teacher that can't handle the kids without
parental meetings should be fir^Hned.

Where do you live, Dream land? What public school will let a teacher
actually discipline a child without fear of a law suite?