Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

Trouble is that thanks to bussing kids all over Hell's half acre, some
parents can't _get_ to the frelling school. Poor people in the inner
city don't always have cars to drive to the suburban paradise that the
courts have decided is appropriate for schooling their kids, and the
school bus may be the _only_ bus that goes near there. Was the school
willing to send a bus to pick up the parent?

I agree that bussing is stupid but that a long buss trip for the parent is
simply one more lame excuse for not tending to your child's needs.
There is plenty of before hand warning of the consequences if a parent
misses a meeting. If it would present a hardship to attend a meeting for my
child's benefit I would see to it the my child understood what a hardship it
would be to attend a meeting far from home.
Its time to quit making excuses for not taking care of our children.

There are going to be a million other reasons this would be inconvenient for
the parents. My suggestion is to take steps to see to it that your child
stays out of trouble.