IanJH

Default Raising the roof

"MrCheerful" wrote in message
David @nospam.cod wrote:
I plan to increase the height of my garage by about 6' to build an
extra storey, I'll be re-using the existing roof as it is, instead

of
dismantling the whole thing and then rebuilding I thought I might

jack
the roof up and slip some extra wall underneath, what do you think?

I must admit it is the sort of thing I would try. It depends on
construction, but it could be done using triangulated acrow props (or
they will tip sideways) and lifting a foot or so at a time, then
propping or building underneath. Weather might be a problem, one good
blow of wind and you have a disaster, safety of you while lifting is a
big thought too.

don't forget the planning permission(??) needed if the apex or the ridge of
the roof is going over 4m

IanJH