Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod LRod is offline

Default TV Woodworking Shows--What hapened?

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:54:43 GMT, John Siegel
wrote:

Cable here in NJ has been showing Woodturning Workshop from (I think)
channel 21 in Long Island.
However the show appears to be affiliated with Rutgers. I do not know if
theses are old shows or if more are being made since recent shows have
been repeats. There has been some very nice photography showing quite
clearly the tool presentation on the work piece.

If you're talking about the one with Tim Yoder as the host, that's out
of Rogers State University in Oklahoma. I like that a lot. He cracks
me up every time he tries to pronounce cyanoacrylate and I like his
teaching "always sneak up on a bead."

It's a far better show than "Woodturning Techniques" which was on DIY
for quite a while.

From the program notes incuded on my satellite, the first ones aired
about a year ago, and it seems like they have around 15 or 20 in the
can.

I get it on my third of three PBS stations.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.