Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default generator problem(s)

NoSpam wrote in message
Mark wrote:
NoSpam wrote in message
Thanks, I'll take the advice and have a more thorough check of the
connections - visually it looks "as new" inside and it's always been
stored in a dry location.

Unfortunately I don't have the manual and the manufacturer (Allam2000)
seem to have gone out of business (Allam marine are a different company
and the Allam2000 phone number has been reassigned to a firm of
accountants).

I have dug out and scanned a test page from a manufacture, how much this
applies to your generator only you can decide.
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/diy/gen.html
One finial thought, you have checked for voltage on the hot side of the
circuit breaker.

-

Thanks Mark. I just did some poking around and it turned out to be a
much simpler beast than I was expecting. 2 output windings (which are
series/parallel switched for 240/110) and an excitation winding with a
capacitor across it. All the windings were OK but the cap was short
circuit - replaced it and all now works.
Thanks for various suggestions and information.

Hugh

Well done,
This would probably a close match to your wiring schematic then.
http://i15.tinypic.com/4hi6u08.jpg

-