Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] cam.barr@beer.com is offline

Default Any idea of cost to run water line to my fridge?

On Jan 31, 9:30 am, "Terry" wrote:
On Jan 31, 7:11 am, Norminn wrote:
It is an easy DIY job, which we did ourselves years and years ago. Most
recently, had a plumber do it. The plumber rec. using hot water because
it is supposed to make more clear ice cubes. I never notice whether
they are clear or cloudy.

In my kitchen using either line would result in cold water. My water
heater is about 50' away. The ice tray would be full long before hot
water would fill the line.

The water would be cool in the line but should still make clearer
cubes. Gases are driven off the water when it is heated and very
little can be reabsorbed while the water is in the pipes.

Cam