Posted to alt.home.repair
jtpr jtpr is offline

Default Any idea of cost to run water line to my fridge?

On Jan 31, 7:11 am, Norminn wrote:
MP wrote:
Can anyone tell me around how much I can expect to cost me to have a plumber
come and install a water line from under my sink to my fridge? The pipes are
all copper and I'm pretty sure he will have to cut the cold to put in a tap
for the line that will run to the fridge.

I know it will vary but I'd like to know what to expect (ballpark).

Thanks in advance.

It is an easy DIY job, which we did ourselves years and years ago. Most
recently, had a plumber do it. The plumber rec. using hot water because
it is supposed to make more clear ice cubes. I never notice whether
they are clear or cloudy.

I did it myself over 10 years ago with plastic tubing and the self
piercing tap, never had a problem, very easy to do. I wouldn't bother
with copper, don't know anybody that has done that, nor anybody with a
leak.

-Jim