Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud Larry Bud is offline

Default Flat Panel TV Mounting to Save Space

This area connects the the rest of the house to kitchen and living
room so will be a high traffic area. I would like to opt for a small,
shallow TV stand but that would impede the walkway.

Just looking for some suggestions.

Before you go hanging the thing like the next Mona Lisa, I highly
suggest you think about hanging it in this manner.

Depending on your viewing habits for this location, hanging these TVs
at this height is very unnatural. I know it looks cool, and it's the
latest and greatest, but with most TVs, the bottom of the picture is
perhaps 24-30" above the floor, so when you're sitting on your couch,
you're looking straight ahead. If you go and hang this thing
perhaps 48" above the floor and you'll be looking UP to watch TV.

In the location you want it, that might be a good thing (if it's
designed for viewing when working in the kitchen, for example), but if
you plan on sitting most of the time, I would do a test run and sit in
the regular spot and stare at that painting for an hour or TWO
(movies, of course) and see how uncomfortable it is.