Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default Chuck Properties

In article ,
"Bob Daun" wrote:

I have a OneWay Stronghold chuck that I use for bowl turning. I also have
the OneWay Jumbo Jaws. I have been doing a lot of smaller bowls lately and
find the Jumbo Jaws very handy for finishing the bottom. Consequently, I
spend a lot of time switching back and forth between the jumbo jaws and the
regular jaws. Does anyone know if any of the less expensive chucks will
directly take the OneWay jumbo jaws so that I wouldn't have to do quite as
much jaw manipulation?

Ever hear of the Longworth? It's a home brew chuck that works rather
well, I like the 6 pin version the best. Do a web search and I think you
might be interested

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv