Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Clicking on phone line

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 21:41:22 -0500, Brooklin
wrote:

We are hearing intermittent clicking on a couple of phones in the
house. The phones are cordless and it has been going on for about a
week. A corded phone on the main floor is okay. It's happening on two
different cordless phone sets (and brands).

That's me. You weren't supposed to notice.

Not to self: Order new equipment. Bill Department of Agriculture.

I took a couple phones to the basement to the Bell box (NID?) and a
corded phone seemed okay. . The cordless phone still clicked connected
directly to the Bell box.

I'm afraid when I call the phone company for service the repairman
will hook up his phone and say it's okay

Well of course he will. You just said it was ok in the previous
paragraph!

The cordless phone could have many reasons for clicking. I just tried
mine and it's clicking too. It's a new used phone with a weak
battery. It won't make contact with the phone line, but it does know
how to click.

and that it's my problem with
cordless phones.

Any ideas. Thanks in advance.