Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default TV Woodworking Shows--What hapened?

Joe Bleau wrote in
:

What has happened to the woodworking shows? I live in the NE in the
summer and Florida in the winter. Up north I have Direct TV
(satellite) and in FL I have Comcast cable. I get most of the premium
channels including DIY (premium on satellite) and NPR which is not
premium (paid for with tax dollars and you still get the same amount
of ads plus two weeks a year of bugging you to send them yet more
money. New Yankee Workshop and David Marks used to appear regularly.
They were great to watch even in you didn't like Norm's approach or
were annoyed by Marks' insistence on making a template for every
single thing he did. On Comcast I only find This Old House--no NYW
and on DIY they rerun David Marks every week for the umpteenth time.
Stupid channels only copy one another with idiot shows depicting
warehouse battles, creative scrapbooking or how to macrame. Seems to
me that with the number of woodworkers in the country they are missing
a huge market. Talk about a "wasteland." Apart from the movies (most
of which are PPV) there seems to be less quality content than when
there were only 3 or 4.

http://thewoodworkingchannel.com/

The idiots deciding what shows to run have a nasty habit of showing the
same 10 shows over and over and over again. While that's great for
someone trying to memorize a show (that's what recording devices are
for), it's terrible for someone watching the show for its entertainment
value.

Puckdropper