Posted to alt.home.repair
Brooklin Brooklin is offline

Default Clicking on phone line

We are hearing intermittent clicking on a couple of phones in the
house. The phones are cordless and it has been going on for about a
week. A corded phone on the main floor is okay. It's happening on two
different cordless phone sets (and brands).

I took a couple phones to the basement to the Bell box (NID?) and a
corded phone seemed okay. . The cordless phone still clicked connected
directly to the Bell box.

I'm afraid when I call the phone company for service the repairman
will hook up his phone and say it's okay and that it's my problem with
cordless phones.

Any ideas. Thanks in advance.