Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim Speedy Jim is offline

Default Any idea of cost to run water line to my fridge?

MP wrote:

Can anyone tell me around how much I can expect to cost me to have a plumber
come and install a water line from under my sink to my fridge? The pipes are
all copper and I'm pretty sure he will have to cut the cold to put in a tap
for the line that will run to the fridge.

I know it will vary but I'd like to know what to expect (ballpark).

Thanks in advance.

He will very likely put in a self-piercing "saddle valve"
which requires no soldering.

To avoid floods later on, insist that he run 1/4" copper tube,
not plastic.

If you're the least bit handy, it's a DIY job.

How much for a tradesperson? $50 to $100 to drive up.
That much more for labor.
Maybe someone will do it for a $20 bill?

Jim