Posted to alt.home.repair
CptDondo CptDondo is offline

Default Flat Panel TV Mounting to Save Space

wrote:
Kill your television.
Take up woodcarving or something.

I agree. Lived without TV for a year and loved it. We're both plenty
active and not in front of it all day. We want less profile so that
it's not the centerpiece of the room. That said, it is nice to watch
"My Super Sweet 16" or "Cheaters" from time to time.

Mount it at picture height, and get a hanging bracket that allows you to
tilt it. That way, you gain the space underneath for a small table,
whatever.

I have all of my gear in the closet; the only thing that protrudes is
the remote control sensor, but then again I run MythTV and that's a
whole different ballgame.

The *only* thing you see is the TV, and then the speakers. I am a
traditionalist and have the 'old school' big speakers.

I drilled a big hole to the closet, and then used a large wire loom and
an electrical outlet cover to hide the hole and the wiring.

I have a 37" TV, and you don't even notice it unless it's on. A great
big improvement over the 27" CRT I used to have which dominated the room.

--Yan