Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Canchippy Canchippy is offline

Default Chuck Properties

On Jan 30, 11:07 am, "Bob Daun" wrote:
I have a OneWay Stronghold chuck that I use for bowl turning. I also have
the OneWay Jumbo Jaws. I have been doing a lot of smaller bowls lately and
find the Jumbo Jaws very handy for finishing the bottom. Consequently, I
spend a lot of time switching back and forth between the jumbo jaws and the
regular jaws. Does anyone know if any of the less expensive chucks will
directly take the OneWay jumbo jaws so that I wouldn't have to do quite as
much jaw manipulation?

--
Bob Daun

Bob, up here in Canada King tools market a cheap chuck. They make 2
versions, an O and a T. Oneway and Technatool. I purchased an O
version locally for $114 and it takes all my Oneway and Talon jaws
including Jumbo. I think the Grizzly company is the same in the States.