Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thorn proofing wheelbarrow tyre

Chris Hodges wrote:
Robert wrote:
I am fed up with repairing punctures caused by thorns from the various
shrubs scattered around our perimeter. I was thinking of using some
'Slime' inner tube sealant but it occurred to me that I should be able
to line the inner of the tyre with something that is relatively
flexible but thorn proof. I understand that something is available for
bicycle tyres but I imagine that it would be far too narrow for the
barrow tyre.
Grateful for any suggestions for a readily available lining material
which would need to be 70mm or more wide.

What about tyre foam?

I think that is the slime we are talking about.

In my case its fluorescent green slimy foam.

Expensive but worth it.