Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Default Sears air compressor throws breaker

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have come in possession of a Craftsman model 919.165200, 5 hp, 20
gallon air compressor that when turned on runs for a few seconds then
throws a breaker in my shop. Anyone have a clue as to why or how to
repair? Anyone come across this problem before?

TIA

Jerry

I was given an old Craftsman AC a few years ago that gave me problems. Upon
inspection I discovered the ground and neutral wires had been reversed.
Fixing this stopped the GFI from tripping but it tstill tripped the breaker
till I ran a 20 amp circuit.