Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Flat Panel TV Mounting to Save Space

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:06:36 -0500, Dan Espen
wrote:

writes:

So, I'm looking for the best setup to save space. Wall mounting a TV
would be a good way to go. Althought I would like to hide the cords
behind the TV, I know there are cable covers that I could run from the
outlets up to the TV and paint the same color as the wall to disguise
the cables. The main problem is what to do with the cable box and DVD
player. I think those are the only two pieces of equipment I'm
looking to have set up along with the TV. Maybe some sort of
shelving? They would still stick out at least the depth of the
equipment. Maybe a hole through the wall to run wire and set them up
in the closet behind the wall? Not sure how keen I am on that, but if
easy and able to patch, I would consider it. Then would have to
figure out how to get remotes to work with the DVD player and cable
box since they would be behind the wall.

Look into cable card ready TVs.
You may be able to find a way to do without
a cable box.

Cable Card is probably a good idea if you want digital cable, although
it does limit you. You can't distribute the signal to other TVs.

There's still the DVD player, which requires physical access to
insert/remove DVDs.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com