Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Recessed USB HUB

"Leon" writes:

"Pat" wrote in message
news:2007012917452216807-patostman@gmailcom...
Hi.

I am finishing a desk project and want to add a USB hub recessed into a
desk. I need just USB or USB and firewire connectors not power. I found
Furnlites units but these have power.. and are not recessed so don't work
for me.

Anybody seen anything like this? Or know of a supplier?

Thanks in advance.

You may want to rethink building particular features into the desk. I built
a computer desk 20 years ago and the special features became obsolete many
years ago. USB and Firewire may not last as technology advances. I see
wireless for everything being the "IN" thing in the very near future.
Internet routers, printers, keyboards, and mice are already offered as
wireless.

Yep. Last Intel Developers Forum (december) wireless USB was one of the
main new things on the show floor, at 480 mbits/sec, too.

scott