Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default How do I kill Birds of Paradise roots?

On Jan 29, 7:23 pm, "dpb" wrote:

Negative! Roundup is selective! Read the label ...

The non-selective part is only when used with Roundup Ready crops. As
noted, there are some which aren't particularly effective, but it is
definitely (other than as noted) a non-selective herbicide. I'm
presuming OP's Bird of Paradise isn't bred to be Roundup Ready.

Again, no. Although the manufacturer states that it is "nonselective
for turf weeds and grasses", you have to look closer. The
manufacturer lists 37 weeds and grasses that glyphosate controls, yet
there are 172 known weeds in the US. (http://web.aces.uiuc.edu/
weedid/). This directly corresponds to my experience - it's good for
some but useless for others. You cannot take Monsanto's term
"nonselective" literally.