Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.energy.renewable,alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default Need to replace Electric Baseboard Heating Units & Replacement Windows

"Steve Spence" wrote in message
Donald Kinney wrote:
Propane wins. Plus, when the power goes out, propane still runs, if I

had
electric, I freeze to death.
Steve Spence

So how do you run the fan in the furnace when the power is out?

Donald

My furnace doesn't have a fan, plus I'm off grid, so my power is never
out. Propane wall heaters are non-electric. My primary heat is wood, but
I have propane heat for when I want to go away for a weekend.

The thing that most everyone is missing is this...

There are many ways to provide heat without electric, but for the most
part... they are inefficient and not as comfortable as other heat sources.