Gunner

Default the Home Schooled was Clark is correct

On 20 Feb 2004 12:20:50 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Im a pragmatic libertarian. Indeed there are some things the Feral
Government should handle. And I think setting nationwide educational
standards should be one of them, particularly since we have so much
economic drain to deal with when competing against other nations.

OK, I think that the govenment should give me LOTS of MONEY
but it ain't gonna happen. You keep on blythly ignoring
that simple fact that the consitution does not give the
federal government the job of regulating education in states!

Want me to give you a long list of existing Federal regulations
already in effect that are mandated to the states? How about "no
child left behind" for a start..then we can go with environmental laws
and dig downwards from there.

Prag´ma`tism
Noun 1. pragmatism - (philosophy) the doctrine that practical
consequences are the criteria of knowledge and meaning and value
philosophy - the rational investigation of questions about existence
and knowledge and ethics
philosophical doctrine, philosophical theory - a doctrine accepted by
adherents to a philosophy
2. pragmatism - the attribute of accepting the facts of life and
favoring practicality and literal truth
realism
practicality - concerned with actual use rather than theoretical
possibilities

Gunner, admit it, you really do have a copy of "The
Progessive" under your mattress at home! :^)

Only if you admit to having a copy of Bircher literature under yours.

Do shotguns and rifles count?

Jim

Only if they are not coated with Bircher dust bunnies

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas