Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Recessed USB HUB

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:45:22 -0800, Pat wrote:

Hi.

I am finishing a desk project and want to add a USB hub recessed into
a desk. I need just USB or USB and firewire connectors not power. I
found Furnlites units but these have power.. and are not recessed so
don't work for me.

Anybody seen anything like this? Or know of a supplier?

How about just using keystone inserts--for USB inserts here's one
source http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/keystone.html#fw.

Note that if you're up to the workmanship required there's no reason
you can't make your own panels to hold the inserts--you'll need to get
and cut up one of the plastic ones to get the dimensions and design
details. Or you could just cut a hole the right size in a thin piece
of stock and then bond the insert in place.

Thanks in advance.