Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How do I cut a 6" circle out?

Yeah, I've seen the two knife version but I've always used to one-
sided jobs. Just run it at a slow speed and do a slow feed into the
material. They work great in my opinion.

On Jan 28, 8:25 pm, "Toller" wrote:
Well, I have a drill press but not a plunge router, so that might be a
solution. I am a bit concerned with just one cutter; seems like it would be
unbalanced. That is not a problem?

Actually I have one like it with two cutters, but it will only do about 5".
I could remove one cutter and move the arm over an inch. I thought being
unbalanced would be a killer, but will try it. Thanks.

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

A little expensive but much faster to setup and use than router
route... if you have a drill press.

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=799

Toller wrote:
I am making a dog dish holder, and need to cut some 6" holes out for the
dishes. I have tried a jigsaw and hope to find a better method; I didn't
get the line quite perfectly. Well, not even close, actually.

I need to cut a few, so spending a few dollars is not objectionable. Any
suggestions would be appreciated. I mean, other recommending that I get
better with a jigsaw.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -