Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] kalyanaraman_ravi@yahoo.com is offline

Default Genie Screw drive garage door opener

I did install one that is red and other green. They are brand new
ones..I am a chemist and I am aware of multimeters and also the IR
card (actually, I used one of these in my grad. school)..I can't
believe we have to go throu so much to get this fixed..Well, I have
tried pretty much everything now..thanks for all of your
suggestions..I learned some here..now it is time to call GENIE

On Jan 29, 12:00 am, "Bob M." wrote:
wrote:
I changed the red one to green with no luck. Do you need direct
sunlight? How does it work during the night? Let me know.What he meant is "is sunlight blinding the sensor?" This can happen when

the sun is shining directly into one of the two sensors - they don't have
enough power to overcome the brightness of the Sun.

Also, the two sensors are not the same though they may look the same. One is
a transmitter and the other is a receiver. Did you happen to install two of
the same kind? If so, that will cause a problem.