Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default How do I cut a 6" circle out?

"Toller" wrote in message
I am making a dog dish holder, and need to cut some 6" holes out for the
dishes. I have tried a jigsaw and hope to find a better method; I didn't
get the line quite perfectly. Well, not even close, actually.

I need to cut a few, so spending a few dollars is not objectionable. Any
suggestions would be appreciated. I mean, other recommending that I get
better with a jigsaw.

I would use a router and a straight cutting bit. It does not need to be a
plunge router, a standard base router can be set into a drilled hole, or can
be angled into a workpiece just fine. Use a base template that is equal to
the radius and put a pin in the center of the "hole". I do this all of the
time with everything from ceiling tiles to plywood when mounting speakers.
Works like a top and is nothing but simple. Like everything else, these
things can be over-complicated.

--

-Mike-