Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.energy.renewable,alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default Need to replace Electric Baseboard Heating Units & Replacement Windows

"Mike" wrote in message news:Pm3vh.2408$eH.2151@trnddc05...

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

"Jeffrey Lebowski" wrote in message

Apparently, cost structure was more favorable towards propane near to a
decade ago--when the sys was initially installed....main benefit to
having
the heat pump being the luxury of having cooling...

Still makes no sense--if the gas is cheaper then just kill the HP on

heating
altogheter.

LP and Nat used to be cheap fuels. But as time goes by, they continue to
rise dramatically while the electric costs have had slight increases.

With new product designs and affiances, today a heat pump can often save
you
a significantly large amount of money in operational costs.

I have designed a spreadsheet to show my clients how much they can save
(or
spend) with varying heat sources. They don't understand it, till they

see
the actual numbers.

Many people are switching to corn burners. But with the evolution of
ethanol
being used for automotive purposes, the costs of corn is increasing. So
this
only raises their heating bills. Making the heat pump look better once
again.

One thing is constant, and that is, that things are always changing.
Something that is effective today may not be tomorrow.

You bring up good ponts. Can I get a copy of your spreadsheet?

What figures would you like me to input for you?

List the fuel types, fuel cost and equipment efficiencies... and I'll get
you the end cost per million btu transferred into the space.