Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default How do I cut a 6" circle out?

A single cutter works fine. I hope you have a full size drill press. Run it
as slow as it will go. Clamp the workpiece securely (holding by hand is
HIGHLY not recommended). Also, use a backer board so the pilot is solidly in
something when the center piece is cut loose.

"Toller" wrote in message
Well, I have a drill press but not a plunge router, so that might be a
solution. I am a bit concerned with just one cutter; seems like it would

be
unbalanced. That is not a problem?

Actually I have one like it with two cutters, but it will only do about

5".
I could remove one cutter and move the arm over an inch. I thought being
unbalanced would be a killer, but will try it. Thanks.

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
A little expensive but much faster to setup and use than router
route... if you have a drill press.

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=799

Toller wrote:
I am making a dog dish holder, and need to cut some 6" holes out for

the
dishes. I have tried a jigsaw and hope to find a better method; I

didn't
get the line quite perfectly. Well, not even close, actually.

I need to cut a few, so spending a few dollars is not objectionable.

Any
suggestions would be appreciated. I mean, other recommending that I

get
better with a jigsaw.