Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.energy.renewable,alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Joe Fischer Joe Fischer is offline

Default Need to replace Electric Baseboard Heating Units & Replacement Windows

On Sun, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"high tech furnaces are a threat"???????????

How do you come up with that

Ask the, about a million, people who lost power
for a week or more in the plains and west coast.

It would help if each one were installed with a
big warning sign "Be sure to have a backup heating
system if the power goes off".

I seriously doubt if one out of a thousand
homes have an emergency generator, and even
some that do could not isolate the furnace circuit
and run it.

But I am prejudiced, I don't like the noise
of the small duct forced air.

Joe Fischer