Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] kalyanaraman_ravi@yahoo.com is offline

Default Genie Screw drive garage door opener

Joe,

I did get a new sensor and it did not fix the problem. I will check
for any vibration in the mount as you suggested.
Ravi

On Jan 28, 2:00 pm, "Joseph Meehan"
I bought a new Genie screw drive garage door opener last summer and
installed it with my friend's help. It was working fine until a few
days back it would come all the way down until the LED sensors and
then would go back up. When the door reaches the LED level, the LEDs
would blick a few times and then the door would go back up. I have
tried adjusting the limit switch positions and the "open" and "close"
screw on the panel head. I have also checked the levels of the LED
alingment and also cleaned the LED lens with no luck. One thing I
notice is that when the door is closing and if I try to hold the door
manually with my hand to check the pressure, the door does not stop.
It goes all the way until the LED level and then goes back up. I have
also checked the wiring for the LED. Any idea where the problem is??? My guess is the door, or something on the door is breaking the light

beam. Is there maybe a loose tag or string or something? It is also
possible that the sensors are vibrating and if track mounted the track may
be twisting as it gets to that point.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit