Posted to alt.home.repair
oo Mike oo oo Mike oo is offline

Default Garage Door opener - diminished range

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:41:58 GMT, oo Mike oo
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 04:09:17 GMT, AZ Nomad
wrote:

Since a few days ago our garage door opener will only function if we
pull right up to the door and press the button.

Either your transmitter is weak, the receiver is insensitive, or
there is interference.

If multiple remotes all work poorly, then it is probably a bad receiver.
Have another look at the antenna. RTM and see if you can just replace the
electronics board.

Thanks, will look at the antenna again and check for continuity --
then change out the logic board if that doesn't work.

Mike

Tried a new receiver board and new remote controls with no
improvement. I guess RTFM didn't help much did it? DW.

That seems to leave some sort of interference.