Posted to uk.d-i-y
NoSpam NoSpam is offline

Default generator problem(s) - sump was too full!

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 21:14:25 +0000, NoSpam wrote:

Where's a good place for Honda spares?

Honda have a very good spares/dealer network in the UK wander off the the
Honda website http://www.honda.co.uk/energy/ and click the "dealer
search". The one I called, in Dumfries IIRC, about parts for an ancient
(and I mean 20+ years old) Honda engine was very helpful and
knowledgeable.

What colour is the smoke? Have turned off the choke? These small engines
only need choke for about 30s and then only from stone cold.

Thanks Dave (and everyone else). It turned-out that the sump was
absolutely full (and I mean FULL) of very dilute oil; presumably the
fuel tap was left switched on and fuel had found its way into the sump.

Once the sump was drained and refilled it ran sweetly again with no
smoke and the speed correctly regulated - BUT there's still no output.

Hugh