Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.energy.renewable,alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Jeffrey Lebowski Jeffrey Lebowski is offline

Default Need to replace Electric Baseboard Heating Units & Replacement Windows

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

"Jeffrey Lebowski" wrote in message

Apparently, cost structure was more favorable towards propane near to a
decade ago--when the sys was initially installed....main benefit to

having
the heat pump being the luxury of having cooling...

Still makes no sense--if the gas is cheaper then just kill the HP on

heating
altogheter.

LP and Nat used to be cheap fuels. But as time goes by, they continue to
rise dramatically while the electric costs have had slight increases.

With new product designs and affiances, today a heat pump can often save

you
a significantly large amount of money in operational costs.

I woud kil the crossposteing but im too drunkat present....besides, the
topic at least fits.

Ya want cheep then go geothermal, closed or even open loop--here we have
well-water-a- plenty-

Cmes outa the ground at ~51 deg F--I just pump and dump.....over onto the
freeway right-of-way it goes.

I have designed a spreadsheet to show my clients how much they can save

(or
spend) with varying heat sources. They don't understand it, till they see
the actual numbers.

Then if it sells, great....so long as it saves long-term.

Many people are switching to corn burners. But with the evolution of

ethanol
being used for automotive purposes, the costs of corn is increasing. So

this
only raises their heating bills. Making the heat pump look better once
again.

Yes, esp here where electric rates have remained fairly stable.

One thing is constant, and that is, that things are always changing.
Something that is effective today may not be tomorrow.

Well the one thing that is constant--if you burning any hydrocarbon fuel
then it depletes fossil reserves, as well as contributing to escalation of
co co2 into the atmosphere.

Suggest then plant some trees--it's the only thing available to Joe Sixpak
that effectively re-sequesters the carbon by-products back into the soil.