Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default water damage to my friends digital camera

wrote:
yea i was talking to my friend and her dog knocked her digital camera
into the dog bowl

what should she do to fix it b/c if she dont her mom will kill her
(i told her to get a blow dryer to it and dry to get everythang dry
but she said that its not working )
so if anyone could help me that would b great

If it was powered up before being opened up and thoroughly dried out,
it's probably scrap.

You might get very lucky if you let it dry in a warm place for a couple
of weeks, I've seen water get under surface mount chips, but I certainly
wouldn't count on it ever working again.