Posted to sci.electronics.repair
t.hoehler t.hoehler is offline

Default water damage to my friends digital camera

wrote in message
ps.com...
yea i was talking to my friend and her dog knocked her digital camera
into the dog bowl

what should she do to fix it b/c if she dont her mom will kill her
(i told her to get a blow dryer to it and dry to get everythang dry
but she said that its not working )
so if anyone could help me that would b great

Probably too late, get the batteries out of it asap. Corrosive damage to the
electronics begins almost immediately, and if the camera happens to be on at
the time, irreprarible damage occurs pretty quickly.
She'll probably end up buying her mom a new camera. Try the blow dryer, open
every door, compartment, etc. remove the mem card and blow warm air in for
several hours, not too hot, good luck.
I tried to save an old 3MPXL Kodak camera that was rained on. No good, all
kinds of corrosion on the boards, totally fubar . . .
Regards,
Tom