Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Is Great Stuff Great?

If you are really going to use large quantities, get into the
commercial size stuff.

http://greatstuff.dow.com/greatstuff...pplicators.htm

This system requires that you have cleaner for the gun. The
advantage is that you do not use up the entire can. I buy the
door and window product to avoid collateral damages. Triple
expanding can be deadly depending on the situation.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"Steve B" wrote in message
I need to use a bunch of this product this spring to patch up
some holes in my cabin where the carpentryship wasn't exact. I
notice they have two formulas, one expanding more than the other
one.

Tips on usage appreciated.

In some places, the gap is up to an inch. Would I be better to
poke shredded fiberglass in there using a dowel as a poker, then
seal it with Great Stuff? Or even seal it with a nice shade of
caulking? Or fill it mostly with Great Stuff, then smooth or
cut smooth, then caulk over for a nice finish?

Probably going to use a couple of dozen cans in all. It depends
on how much I fill up with shredded glass first, or just use the
foam for the entire void. What would you do?

Steve