Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Ground Level Deck Question s

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:54:13 -0500, Dan Espen
wrote:

"Jan" writes:

Wow, fast great answers,, thanks guys.. could someone tell me how tall
concrete deck supports are?
This thing needs to be almost ground level.

The reason I can't do a concrete or flagstone patio is no 1: money.
No 2 is I am going to have to do this myself and I think lifting bags
of concrete is beyond what I am able to do.

The concrete deck supports can be buried so only an inch or 2 is above
the surface.

You can use pavers for a patio.
You will be lifting bags of sand and crushed rock but if the delivery
is close to where you are going to build, that shouldn't
be too bad. The heaviest thing you will encounter in doing
a patio with pavers is the compactor. You will need help

I'm not sure about the cost, but I would have guessed a paver
patio is cheaper than a deck.

Neither one's as cheap as a lawn, though.